Bridal Textiles Apprentice
We are looking for an apprentice to join our organisation. This would be a great opportunity to gain some valuable working experience, using your sewing skills to produce beautiful wedding veils, whilst being given the opportunity to work towards a formally recognised qualification with our external training provider.
You will start with simple patterns and be shown how to correctly sew and decorate the veils with different components such as crystals. After building up your knowledge with practice, you will then be able to progress onto other areas within the department. Alongside this on the job training, the NVQ training takes place at our offices during your work time, so you don’t even have to worry about taking time out to attend college one day a week. You will be earning an apprenticeship salary whilst gaining some additional skills all under one roof.
We work a 37.5 hour working week, with the working hours as Monday to Thursday 7.45am until 4.25pm and Friday 7.45am until 12.25pm. Our expectations are that if we have the right candidate and they have succeeded with their training and have shown themselves to be an honest and reliable member of the team, that we would be able to offer them full time permanent employment.
The successful candidate must have a textiles qualification from school or college, as well as a keen interest in the bridal industry, and the ability to read design patterns and follow instructions. We only want individuals with enthusiasm and a natural ability to work with detail and the dedication to work to the highest standard to create the quality expected by our customers.
If you match this description and are able to get to our office on the Lancaster Way Business Park, Ely, each day, then please submit your CV and a covering letter via email for us to consider.
Contact Nicola Cole, telephone 01353 661600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Sales & Marketing Apprentice
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic apprentice to join our Sales & Marketing team.
Sales & Marketing is the hub of our business and where the buying experience begins for our customers. We photograph product, present it to our customers through our websites, brochures and trade shows, and help them to select the best product for their stores.
We would love to work with an apprentice to help develop the skills required to be a confident sales person and a creative marketeer. The perfect person for this position would be an enthusiastic, flexible, creative person with attention to detail and a drive to always present their best work. There will be opportunities for permanent employment once you have completed your apprenticeship.
Tasks will include:
- Preparing samples for trade shows and sales reps. This will include steaming sample dresses, labelling and organising products and making sure we have everything we need to show at our trade shows.
- Adding products to our websites. We have five websites which all need updating regularly with new products. You will learn how to crop and resize images and add all the information to our websites. There will be the opportunity for copy writing if you enjoy creative writing.
- Updating the websites. As well as adding products, we also regularly update our websites with information and blogs for both trade and retail customers. You will learn how to add and edit pages and blogs on the websites.
- Editing photos. We take over 2000 photos each season, all of which need editing and processing. You will work with our graphic designer to help do some simple editing of photos.
- Finding leads. Our sales team is always looking for the next opportunity, and you can help by finding high quality leads and qualifying them, and then liaising with the telesales team to make sure they are contacted. This will include some computer work, working with our contacts management system.
- Scanning and filing. We create hundreds of designs each season, which involves a lot of paperwork and record keeping. You will be asked to scan in the designers’ sketches and to help keep the paperwork and filing up to date.
You can find out more about what it is like to work with us on our work with us page, including working hours, location and transport links.