Credit Controller/Accounts Assistant
Based at: Lancaster Way Business Park, Ely, CB6 3NX
Reports to: Financial Controller
- Credit control, including liaising with customers for cash collection purposes and resolving queries on a daily basis.
- Daily posting of receipts onto the accounting system.
- Processing incoming cheques and credit card payments.
- Weekly direct debit and ad-hoc SEPA collections.
- Monthly bank reconciliations and other routine month-end duties.
- Ad-hoc tasks supporting the Finance function.
- Confident working with numbers.
- Some accounting experience or qualification.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Superb telephone manner and strong customer service skills.
- A proactive approach and an ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- A desire to learn and progress within the organisation.
- Experience in a similar, customer-facing role.
- Basic MS Office skills.
- AAT Level 4, although part-qualified and QBE candidates will also be considered.
- Experience with MS Navision.
- Intermediate Excel skills (VLOOKUP, Pivot Table level).
This fantastic opportunity would suit a self-starter, driven individual with the desire to quickly further their career. Due to operational growth, there is scope to progress within the company within the first year for the right candidate.
Working hours Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, totalling 37.5 hours per week.
If you think you match this description and can get to the Lancaster Way Business Park each day, then please send an up to date CV and covering letter stating your salary requirements to the HR department.
You can find out more about what it is like to work with us on our work with us page, including working hours, location and transport links.