In the bridal trade, the traditional ‘spring clean’ turns into a ‘winter clean’ when days are less busy and fewer brides are coming into the shop. The number of proposals rising over the Christmas period brings an influx of brides into your shop in January meaning that your shop needs to look fabulous and sparkling ready for your new brides.
Old stock is one of the biggest and most obvious indications that your shop is looking tired and ready for a refresh. You need to make sure that you have up to date styles and clean, fresh looking stock. Tatty veils, out of shape tiaras, and broken zips on dresses will really put a bride off and they will simply go somewhere else.
Replace your old samples with our special offer
As usual at this time of year, we encourage our customers to refresh and renew old sample veils that have become tired through the busy spring and summer. It’s surprising how tired veils can get without you noticing as you look at them every day. For fresh new samples that next year’s brides will be delighted to try on and purchase for their special day, just send in your top sellers to us and we will replace them for just 50% of the normal price. You only need to have ordered 5 of them this year to qualify for this special offer!
Our company representatives are available for appointments to show you our new styles of tiaras, veils, jewellery, petticoats and occasion wear hats and fascinators this week and next. Just call (01353 661600) or email Vicki (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an appointment. We can also send you our popular Classics veils on approval. The Classics are our collection of simple, traditional styles at stunning prices, with our usual high quality craftsmanship and soft tulle. Just call or email us for more information.
Our other tips for refreshing the look of your shop:
- Clean, clean, clean every nook and cranny
- If necessary give the shop a fresh lick of paint and new carpet (you can find real bargains on carpet if you look for end-of-roll pieces)
- Make sure your changing rooms are clean and inviting, and there are comfy sofas and chairs for the friends of the bride to relax on
- Make your shop window dazzling for Christmas, but don’t forget to remove the decorations promptly after Christmas and fill the gaps with another interesting display
- Have champagne and magazines at the ready for your customers – remember this isn’t a grocery shopping trip but more of a once-in-a-lifetime pampering, girly session.
- Print and frame pictures from your recent photo shoot, wedding fair or of your in-stock gowns. Look for websites that will print these in large sizes for you at just a small cost.
- Make a list of little things that will make your life easier and prioritise them! This is the time to get all of those small jobs done, whether that is to get a new, faster credit card reader, a better packing system or a way to display your jewellery which makes it easily accessible.
So stock up on that champagne, vacuum your skirting boards and get ready for the new season!
First image from here