It’s not even December yet but it seems that the country have dived into Christmas head first this year. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to show your shop off to Christmas shoppers, get your baubles out quick!
Do you change your shop window according to season? Christmas is a great time to get in the spirit and change things around to bring in customers for the new wedding season. Even if you are not taking in many brides now, there will be a lot of proposals around Christmas time and you need to keep reminding them that your shop is there waiting for them, with fresh new wedding gowns and accessories.
Here are our ideas for a Christmas-themed shop window:
- Make an impact! Christmas is a time for extravagance, so show off your best stock and make your shop the talk of the town with statement decoration.
- Themes always work well. This could be Winter Wonderland, with sparkling AB crystals and diamantes, white or light ivory dresses and accessories, feathers acting as snowflakes (or even Father Christmas’s beard!)
- Alternatively you could go with a more traditional red and green theme for a more Christmassy feel, with a Christmas tree in the background, using hair accessories rather than baubles to hang on the tree, and wedding shoes as the presents under the tree.
- Remember to keep your lights on – perhaps have a simple string of Christmas lights which you keep on all day and at night time as well. Remember people will have you in the back of their mind if they walk past you every evening.
- It is especially important at this time to have your best jewellery and headdress items in the window as they could encourage people in who want to buy for their Christmas parties or even for gifts. This is particularly true for vintage style items which are currently fashionable in evening and day wear as well as bridal wear.
- Good colours to go for: green, red, ivory, white, silvers.
- Hang crystals, Christmas cards (or ‘fake’ cards with your wedding dresses printed on the front!) and tiaras from fishing line in your window. These could be hung in the front of the window or dotted around the display. This helps to raise people’s eyes up from the pavement. Fishing line is great as it is almost invisible and easily knotted to hold things in place.
- Buy some crystals and feathers to act as snowflakes and icicles in your display from our sister company Rockliffe House. They can put together a mixed selection of crystals and feathers according to your colour scheme if you would like. They can even supply you with some fishing line. Call 0845 456 7897 or email email@example.com for more information.
We hope you have fun decorating your shops for Christmas! Let us know what you do and we would love it if you would send us some pictures of your finished creations!